My dress! My dress is finished! I’m so happy with it – there are a few things that I would do differently next time. The flowered Nani Iro fabric is pretty see-through, so I lined it with some plain muslin. The plan was to leave the lining and main fabric separate at the bottom, but I sewed the side seams together before I remembered, so it’s all just in one piece. It seems fine though so far. I’m a little worried about it getting puckered up when I wash it, but hopefully it will turn out fine. I also think that I would line the sleeves next time. They’re the only part that’s not lined, and they just feel flimsy compared to the rest of the dress.
I’m really pleased with how it turned out though. I’ve worn it twice so far – once for the first night of Passover and then again for Easter. I was avoiding wearing it for a few days, because I didn’t want anything to happen to it, but now that I’ve started I just want to wear it all the time!
The tulips I planted last fall came up beautifully. I want to plant so many more this year.